Thursday, May 14, 2009

Smells like what...?

Mixed blessings, that interesting blogger from India had tagged me some time back.Interesting for a few reasons too. Into economics. and has a very chirpy personality it seems.

So this is about smelly stuff. How it reminds you of things.

Love the smell of the rain stiring up the dust. The first few drops are always good. The smell of water meeting dust.
Grass. The real grass. Dried, withering away. Reminds me of College and practicing in scorching tempratures.
there's the smell of my burning laptop battery. Reminds me of work.
The beach. I love the smell of the beach in the morning, reminds me of church family camps as a Child. Those were carefree times!
The smell of wintegeno mixed with sweat. Yup. Reminds me of game day. Rugby. And my obsession as a 12 year old untill i was 18.
Karapincha, Onions, green chillies, Cardamoms?, and whatever that goes into the oil before making a curry. Reminds me of how good home cooked meals are.
112. The perfume. Reminds me of that bitch!
Cartier..... Dad....
Christmas trees... The smell.Reminds me of My sis, mom and me having christmas lunch when we were kids!
The Maliban factory in Ratmalana. Reminds me about the summer of 99. She was good!
The smell of 2 pairs of socks, 1 pair of stockings and cow leather boots coming off after playing a match in a thunder storm. Smells of glory.
The smell of being hung over by too much Vodka. err... bad smell.
Finally the smell of a crisp 100 rupee note. Pay day!

5 comments:

  1. Totally agree with the smell of the rain, beach and 1000 rupee note!

    But um.. smellyass after-match socks?! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... i know that might be hard to fathom!
    but somehow the smell reminds u of everything else that happened around it....

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah the crisp smell of money!

    and lol at ur ex man, you gotta stop the hating and replace it with indifference...

    ReplyDelete
  4. which is easy for me to say of course...

    ReplyDelete
  5. rofl, come to think of it.... it does sound funny! Indifference is shown in real life, all the hating is just up on me Blog! Thanks for the tip, Oh King of indifference...

    ReplyDelete