Monday, March 16, 2009

The Pursuit of Truth, Justice and an equitable World


Here we are in this myriad of democracies
Tainted peace fashioned by bloodshed
The cries of the hungry not fed by the free market
Blinded? a fake illusion? Tell me Mr. Friedman?

‘’You shall see the truth and the truth shall set you free’’ – JC

The past couple of weeks have been an absolute eye opener to say the least. I’ve often read & learnt stuff that have completely changed my perspective about how the world works and the mediocre part we tend to play in it quite often.

For example, my fascination at Calculus at college! The secret ‘’WTF????’’ to my self at the time was in response to finding out how E=1/2MV2 can be derived through integration, and given that so many things are just the bloody result of this subject I thought I’d seen it all! It’s fucking Calculus that makes the world spin not ‘’Love’’ you faggots!! I told myself.

Example 2, reading rich dad poor dad! By Robert Kiosaki was it?
This book encapsulated something I’ve been waiting to hear in some subject at school or whilst doing my UG all in less than 300 pages of bewildering revelation of what has been right beneath my nose so to so to speak all this while. Every kid who dreams of driving his own BMW convertible ought to read this, the Wall street journal called this a must read for all millionaires. What it really does do is grab you out of the box, rid you of functional fixedness and teaches you to look at wealth accumulation in a totally new way, it’s an obvious revelation but its power is not to be underestimated if taken seriously.

Economics! Long years were spent in school laboring to grab a hold of Physics, Chemistry and math. And then Mr. Bora taught us Economics……. I now ask the vendor the price of 250 grams of tomatoes and grumble, my tongue unknowingly slandering one Mr. Cabraals unsuspecting mother. Enough said about econ I believe.

The latest revelation is centered on a series of books, videos and movies. Nope, can’t and not really in a mood to type the new found truth. Instead, just gonna list the things I’ve been going through. What it did was make me think twice about putting on my Nike sneakers on a weekend and Bite into em Big Mac’s and dream about naked Hawaiian women mud wrestling shouting….. ‘’Allooooohaaaaaaa!!’’

WTF??? (** what the fuck is wrong wit me I ask myself reading the last sentence**)

Confessions of an economic Hitman – John Perkins
Shock Therapy – Naomi Klein
A series of youtube videos on Milton Friedman, Noam Chomsky, and Keynesian economics, coupled with ‘’War Democracy’’ the documentary.

2 comments:

  1. .....whooosh.. punch in the stomach eh. the world will never look the same again

    ReplyDelete
  2. never.... What r the chances of u getting laid one of these days??

    mine have been downgraded to a long term hold.... but might do well on the counter! ;)

    ReplyDelete